1. Ha Trung street is the best place for exchanging money.
2. Walking street is organized every weekends from 7pm on Friday until the midnight of Sunday at Hoan Kiem lake This is the place for cultural activities, street music, festivals…If you master any skills, you can perform. It’s completely free as long as what you do which is suitable with Vietnamese law. You can teach the children and students how to speak Vietnamese if you want. It will be amazing! Make more friends, oh, it’s really great, right?
3. Get Grab app (Similar to Uber) on your convenient traveling (cars or bikes). Use the text “don toi tai + address” (pick me up…address) if you don’t know how to listen to drivers or ask some Vietnamese people to help you grab them. If you can not use Grab, you can get some reliable taxi firms like G7 taxi or Group taxi…
4. Buy a Vietnamese SIM card (new Vietnamese phone number) if you want. You can go to thegioididong or fpt shop and ask the staff or show this text “toi muon mua mot cai sim vietnam” (I want to buy a Vietnamese SIM card)
5. Get Zalo app on your smart phone for Free call or Free video call. Most Vietnamese use it. After you buy a Vietnamese phone number, you can easily install Zalo app.
6. Check the weather in Hanoi on your smart phone or you can use this text “thoi tiet” (weather) and search on Google Play or iOS. Then you can know which clothers you should bring.
Hope it helps.